No one likes their operating system taking a century to boot or startup successfully. Users get totally disappointed when their windows take up a lot of time to start since almost everyone in today’s world is eager & fast-paced to do things at a time. Like in all versions of Windows, Windows 10 is also no exception in Microsoft’s claim to be the fastest then the previous ones. But still what makes this great OS goes slow down at startup or booting time often? Today in this article I am covering this same topic and will tell you methods on how to boot Windows 10 faster so that you won’t have to wait a long while to see that familiar desktop you so long to see every time.
How To Boot Windows 10 Faster
Making Windows 10 Load Faster From Startup Manager
To make Windows 10 load faster than usual, there are some certain steps we need to do actually. Below I will define you the steps in easy-to-read guidelines so that you can easily learn this tutorial on hot to boot Windows 10 faster. Let’s begin!
- Right-click on any area of your Windows taskbar and then select Task Manager option.
- Task Manager window will be opened. In it, go to the tab “Startup”.
- Under the “Startup” tab, you will notice all of the installed software’s within Windows. You can also see the amount of impact each software is making on Windows startup process.
- Now select the program from the list that is impacting high upon Windows booting and it will be shut down on the next startup. To do this, right-click on the program and choose “Disable”.
This is one of the easiest methods you can learn on how to boot Windows 10 faster. However, you need to be cautious in your disabling act because some of the applications are necessary for Windows to work properly. Therefore, first check upon which applications you can safely disable without impacting Windows’ proper functionality. Well, as we have finished with the first method, let me now take you to another step with which you can enable Windows 10 to boot faster.
Enabling Fast Startup In Windows 10
Although, the previous step that I have taught you on how to boot Windows 10 faster seems much light & efficient, but this one for the same trick can provide a good hand as well. Let’s see how to boot Windows 10 faster with this method.
- Click on the start menu and go to “Settings” option.
- When in settings pane, type “Power Options” in the search bar on the upper-right side of the window.
- When this option is opened, select “Choose what power buttons do” on the left side of the pane.
- Click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable” indicated with blue color & Windows admin logo on its beginning. This option can be found just below the “Define power buttons and turn on password protection” heading.
- Once you click on “Change settings that are currently unavailable”, new settings will be open in which you need to checkmark to enable “Fast Startup or Windows 10” option just situated under “Shutdown Settings” option.
That’s it! If you think this option has not augmented the performance of your Windows, you can uncheck it again. So, this is how to boot windows 10 faster on your PC. Please let us know if this article has helped you in your purpose.