The information highway is drowning in people that stand out amongst the crowd. If you expect to be one of those people, you have several things you need to do to fly above the rest.
• Pick something you love doing. If you love what you do every day it never feels like work. Before you know it, the whole day has gone by and you never saw it go. It was all just fun for you. If your goal is to stand out and make money, loving what you do helps. Now you have to find a way to make an income with it.
• Brand yourself with a saying or a picture that goes with you no matter what site you are on. If you are on Twitter it goes with you to Facebook; that way when people look you up, they not only see your face, they will also recognize your picture or saying.
• If you have the time to do all the work yourself and make money for income, then you rock!!! Doing the work is free and you don’t have to pay for anyone to do it for you. But there will come a time when you are too busy with income making activities, that you have to find a way to keep the social media going. You just might have to find someone to help.
• Hoot suite and other social media mecka’s like them, will help you out. They have packages that are reasonable enough for you to work and keep the social media going at the same time. It also helps that they don’t make you go broke at the same time.
• Extra brands can be a way you laugh and you do it all the time. It can be a sound that comes after someone clicks on your name. Whatever it is, make it nice and get it to feel good. Shock jocks may be the rage for a time, but eventually people stop listening because the language gets to them. Be polite, be human and don’t be a jerk. That insures longevity. Look at Barbara Streisand. She does her concerts when she wants and she also commands a great price for them. But she gets it because she built a reputation on respect and gives back with a great concert that nobody will ever forget. That, my dear, is a ‘Brand’.
Sit a while
Contemplate what it is that can stand out and still be you. Is it a Rose in a small frame around your head shot? Or is it you on a motorcycle flying through the air? Have a long talk with yourself and see what you can come up with. The brand is the first thing people will think of when they hear your name and the last thing they think of after they leave.
What can you do that will make it memorable? Talk with friends and family and see what it is that they think of when they think of you? Is it a smell? Let’s see how we can market it for you…….
About the author:
Blair Thomas is an electronic payment expert, who loves all things finance and planning. He is also the co-founder of eMerchantBroker, who can help you get approved for a bad credit merchant account. When Blair isn’t running his business, he’s more than likely exploring his other passions; music, mountain biking and camping. If you would like to see what he’s up to, check him out on Facebook. Follow more of Blairs articles on the eMerchantBroker Blog.