Chances are low that you have experienced an attack by this special ransomware virus named FBI moneypak but still if you have faced it, then it must have been a nightmare. Don’t worry, here is a guide on how to remove FBI virus. This removal guide is going to offer a step by step process, following which you will understand how the virus can be removed and your PC status will get back to normal.
If you are new to this virus, then you should be aware of how it works and what all it can do. This virus is issued by FBI to charge a fine from the victim. This charge can be due to anything wrong you have done in past involving the computer or internet or maybe anything else.
The virus first attacks the browser and also the internet connectivity. You need to stay aware and turn off your computer or any external data disk attached because the next move of the virus is your personal files and data.
Yes, after hijacking the browser and making it totally unavailable to use, it can encrypt the files and data on your computer or laptop and make it unaccessible as well. Once it happens, all you have to do is to pay the fine FBI is asking in order to restore everything on your system.
In short, you can also call it as a hostage situation. As, it keeps your beloved personal computer which is having a lot of personal data, a hostage. You will have to pay the fine in order to gain the access back and get started with using your system again. One more bad thing about this virus is that it can affect both Windows and Mac platforms.
How to Remove FBI Virus?
There are two methods following which you can finish this nightmare without considering the terms of FBI. The two methods depend on two different software and so, I am adding both of them down here. Yes, one by one!
This is a malware removal program which can save your system from this special trojan (another name of special viruses). You need to go through following set of instructions.
- Download the HitmanPro software on your system first. You can get the basic version without paying for anything.
- After you have the downloaded the file, you need to double-click on the file and start going through on-screen instructions. It will not take any longer than 2-3 minutes for maximum.
- Once the software is installed, start its first Scan. Give the software a little bit of time for the scanning process and after it ends, it will list all the malware present on your system, including the FBI one.
Follow the on screen instructions which HitmanPro ask to remove the virus and it will be removed completely after the system restarts. Yes, it will ask for reboot and you should do it immediately.
Using Malwarebytes software
Following are the steps you have to go through.
- Download the software first. You need to get it from its official website only.
- After the installer package of the file is downloaded, your job is to double click on the same, click on Run option and start going through on-screen instructions.
- Start the Malwarebytes software and begin the first scan. After it ends, click on remove button and it will start doing its job.
- Once completed, you will be asked to reboot the system and you should do it instantly.
Done! The process is over from your side. If it takes time, then don’t worry as the total time required for completion of scanning depends on the size of data stored on your system and also the processing speed.
The process of installation may defer depending on platform of your personal computer. But, it is still the same as of any other software. I described the Windows one above and in case of Mac, you simply have to drag and put the app’s shortcut into Applications folder and then start following on-screen instructions.
Note – If the free version doesn’t work then you should opt for the premium one, of any software you choose out of these two.
Do let me now how your experience was and whether or not this FBI virus was removed. If you need help on any related matter, write it down in the comment section and I will come up with a solution.