How do you feel about using your smartphone as a remote control to command common electrical appliances in your home? Well, this type of usage of your smartphone can bring a good convenience to you and at times could be very helpful as well. Well, you must be wondering how a smartphone can actually become a remote control then do believe that Samsung is a company that can easily be termed as a revolutionary in the electrical technology field. Along with many other exciting features of Samsung Note 4, this is also one of the most amazing ones as well. So let me tell you today how to utilize Note 4 as remote control for electrical appliances in your home. Wondering how many appliance you can control with your Samsung Note 4? Keep on reading further.
If you still remember well, once upon a time, there were infrared sensors in mobile phones that were the only means to transfer files from a phone to another phone. However, that features was too slow for the expectations of the people and soon died out. Instead, a new technology came which is today known as Bluetooth. However, the same infrared sensors were used in remote controls to control an electronic device effectively. Despite the fact that mobile phones had started to integrate infrared sensors in them, they were largely limited to only transferring files between mobile to mobile. But things were about to change pretty soon for the mobile industry itself.
Using Samsung Note 4 As Remote Control
The arrival of smartphone and particularly Google Android OS has completely renovated and reshaped the way world use mobile phones. The app market was flooded with apps that bring a variety of features and functionalities into smartphones. One such functionality is to use smartphones as remote control with the help of third party apps. Samsung Note 4 becomes the ultimate choice for this feature as Samsung already holds a reputable place in the electronic appliance market. So, this was a brief history of this feature, now let us proceed to the steps for how to utilize Note 4 as remote control for electrical appliances.
List of Devices You Can Control With Samsung Note 4
Before guiding you on how to utilize Note 4 as remote control for electrical appliances, I would like to acquaint you with the list of devices you can control with your Samsung Note 4 as remote control. Here they are:
- DVD Player
- Av Receiver
- Air Conditioner
- Blu-ray Player
- Set-top box
- Streaming Media Player
So now you know which devices you can control with your Samsung Note 4, let us learn how to utilize Note 4 as remote control for electrical appliances.
How To Utilize Note 4 As Remote Control For Electrical Appliances
There is an app comes in Samsung Note 4 that can be used to control electronic devices mentioned above. The app is called Peel Smart Remote. Let me tell you how you can use it to control devices from your Note 4.
- If you are attempting to use your Note 4 as remote control for the very first time, do connect it to the internet. (Required for setup)
- Now, Open Peel Smart Remote in your Note 4.
- Choose your country, state, and city.
- Choose your Cable or TV service provider. In case, your TV service provider is not listed, choose “I can’t find my TV provider service” in the setup, skip this option, and continue.
- Now choose the device you want to control with your Note 4. Remember that I have chosen TV service above so I will select a television.
- Tap on your TV manufacturer like Sony if it is a Sony TV.
- Now, point your smartphone towards your TV and press on/off button.
- The app will ask you whether the button you pressed worked or not. If it has, press “Yes” and if no press “No”. The app will give you some more commands until your phone actually starts commanding your device and then it will save that settings for future use.
- As you have set your TV remote settings, you can now proceed to set up other types of supported devices you want from continuing the setup as mentioned above. However, if you don’t want to setup remote functionality for any other thing, just press “Done” and start using your smartphone as a remote for your set device.
So, this how to utilize Note 4 as remote control for electrical appliances. This feature can bring some good comfort and much-needed convenience at different times when you won’t find your device remote around for urgent need. Try your hands on this feature and let me know your experience or any mishaps you encountered during converting of your phone into a remote control.